What is Sweet Almond Oil?
Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) is obtained via expeller-pressing method from dried kernels of sweet almonds. It is classified as a fat and oil. Sweet Almond Oil is of a light consistency and golden color. It is rich with fatty acids, especially in linoleic and oleic,. It is also rich with Vitamins A, E and D, as well as magnesium, potassium and zinc.
It is an affordable and one of the most widely used carrier oils in cosmetic products, especially in body care products and products for body massage. It’s a stable oil, with a shelf life of approximately 1 year.
Baensch Sweet Almond Oil // Farfalla Sweet Almond Oil // Heritage Products Sweet Almond Oil // Nature’s Alchemy Sweet Almond Oil // Life Flo Health Sweet Almond Oil // Primavera Sweet Almond Oil // Born to Bio Sweet Almond Oil // Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Oil // Tea Natura Sweet Almond Oil // Kart Sweet Almond Oil // Hobe Labs Sweet Almond Oil // Now Solutions Sweet Almond Oil // Cococare Sweet Almond Oil
Why use Sweet Almond Oil?
Sweet Almond Oil is an emollient, with high ability of trapping skin’s moisture. It easily absorbs into the skin, and it helps the skin restoring optimal PH balance. Due to its high content of fatty acids compounds, it regulates skin’s oil production, thus minimizing acne. It’s a potent anti-inflammation oil, helping irritated and inflamed skin, as well as skin’s allergies. It makes the skin soft, smooth, nourished, revitalized and calm.
Widely used as a body massage oil, it also tightens the skin and promotes blood circulation, thus reducing stretch marks.
1. BioEarth Eye Contour 2. PAI Skincare Camellia&Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser 3. Lavera Color Correction 4. Organic Surge Skin Perfecting Face Polish 5. Dr Hauschka Soothing Facial Cream 6. Kneipp Regeneration Eye Cream 7. Beyond Organic Skincare Moisturizing Day Cream 8. Gwdihw Smoochy Lips Vanilla 9. Sonnentor Rich Face Cream with Almond and Rose 10. Hurraw! Almond Lip Balm 11. Dr Hauschka Soothing Facial Oil 12. Lily Lolo BB Cream 13. Akamuti Sweet Orange Facial Cleanser 14. Kimberly Sawyer Almond and Lavender Face Scrub 15. Skin Blossom Gentle Cleansing Milk 16. Lavera Basis Sensitive Jojoba and Almond Lip Balm 17. CMD Naturkosmetik Sandorini Facial Massage Oil 18. Dr Hauschka Soothing Facial Lotion 19. Trilogy Cream Cleanser 20. Sante Eye Makeup Remover 21. Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream 22. Dr Hauschka Foundation 23. Lavera Natural Liquid Foundation 24. Nonique Luxurious Day Cream
Uses of Sweet Almond Oil:
- body massage, body lotions
- nail and cuticle treatment, hand cream
- facial oils and serums
- lip balms
- moisturizers and foundation
1. Dr Scheller Body Oil 2. Dr Hauschka Almond&St Worth Body Oil 3. Dr Woods Almond Soap 4. Fair Squared Almond Hand Cream 5. Florame Almond Oil Shower Gel 6. Lavera BodySpa Honey Moments Shower Gel 7. Florame Hand Cream 8. Avril Apricot&Almond Shower Gel 9. Pacifica Jasmine Shower Gel 10. Organic Surge Shower Gel 11. Burt’s Bees Almond and Milk Hand Cream 12. Akamuti Rose&Almond Hand Cream 13. Nonique Intensive Body Lotion 14. Akamuti Cocoa&Almond Body Butter 15. Willow Organic Body Scrub 16. Dr Bronner’s Almond Soap Bar 17. Logona Fragrance-Free Body Lotion 18. London Butterflies Whipped Body Cream 19. One With Nature Almond Soap Bar 20. Aubrey Organics Moisturising Lotion 21. Dr Bronner’s Almond Liquid Soap 22. Stop the Water Almond Shower Gel
Sweet Almond Oil is recommended for:
- for dry, sensitive, irritated skin
- oily and acne prone skin
- against wrinkles and fine lines
- under eye area, especially for dark circles
- for sun-damaged skin
- eczema and psoriasis
- chapped and dry lips
- for cuticles and strong nails
- irritated scalp, dandruff
* * *
I use Sweet Almond Oil alone and mixed with Olive Oil as a makeup remover, as well as facial oil for its nourishing properties. Do you use Sweet Almond Oil for face and body? Which products containing Sweet Almond Oil are your favorite?