What I’ve been up to?
- Winter so far has been warm and the number of sunny days has been very generous. The best laid plans mean little to nothing when a sickness hits you, and boy has the common cold hit me this month. Given this is the second time in about 24 years that I’ve been sick – at least when it comes to colds and things of that nature – maybe I am overreacting to it, but I’ve been knocked out for nearly three weeks now. While I haven’t had a fever, everything else with what a common cold hits you has – indeed – hit me and keep on hitting me. Tired, exhausted, irritated, sleepy and frustrated – because of the way I’ve been feeling and due to all of the things that should have been done but are not. But then I’ve stepped back and started calming myself down, telling me that things can and will wait – I’ll get around to them when I can. This, I think, is what’s missing in so many occasions with too many people – feeling frustrated when you can’t do something you think you should and it all makes you feel ever worse. So now that I look around and see all the things that I didn’t do or haven’t done yet, I think to myself that I’ll do them when I can and that’s pretty much it.
- As you can imagine, if so many things outside my blog have been put on hold, then it’s only expected that my blog was not tented to for basically the whole month of February, so even this edition of Random Thoughts is going to be shorter – I am still not feeling well enough to do anything for too long.
- Whatever plans I may have, it’s God’s plan that will prevail and I surrender myself to God and His plans.
Bible verse of the month
- “Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and He will establish your plans.” Proverbs 16:3
Musical inspiration of the month
This month on the blog
- Love Lula Beauty Box February 2020: My First Impressions. The theme of this month’s Beauty Box is a mixture of hair care in a shape of a shampoo bar and face care with a face cleanser, a face scrub, a face mask and a high quality carrier oil, which is a great choice for oily and acne prone skin – the newly launched raspberry seed oil.
What I’ve been testing lately
- Two masks from Nature’s Kitchen. One, the Chocolate face mask, which I’ve received in my Love Lula Beauty Box and the other, the Enzyme Rich Face Mask – unfortunately, both are currently sold out. I’ll post a full review soon.
- I’ve been slowly building my affordable Summer Benecos makeup to fill out the palette. The Shooting Star Highlighter and the Golddust Highlighter. This blush, the Rose Please one looks pretty. I am uncertain about the color of the foundation – I think I am between Warm Sand and Cold Rose?
- I’m sure you’ll understand that this month I’ll skip the many questions you’ve been sending my way – and for which I am thankful. I hope I’ll be able to pick up where I left and include as many of your questions as possible in the next installment of Random Thoughts.
A few good deals from around the green beauty world
→ Love Lula has:
– 15% off your order (code: FEB). Valid till 5.3.2020
– 25% off on Gallinée
– newly launched Esse Probiotic Skincare Hyaluronic Serum
– newly launched limited edition Inika makeup and makeup gift sets
– newly launched RMS Beauty Hiden Desire Palette and RMS Beauty Foundation
– newly launched Madara Makeup
– FREE Walden Perfumes “Live the Life” roll-on perfume oil when you spend £35 on Walden Perfumes (code: LIFE). Read my first impressions of this marvelous scent.
– FREE Joik Tinted Lip Balm when you spend £20 on Joik (code: JOIK). Read my first impressions of this beautiful and nourishing tinted lip balm, perfect for a natural makeup look.
– FREE Madara Daily Defence Ultra Rich Balm when you spend £30 on Madara (code: DEFENCE).
– FREE PHB Beauty Mascara when you spend £40 on PHB Beauty (code: PHB). Read my full review of an affordable yet surprisingly high quality mascara I’ve been using for a while now.
– FREE INIKA Lip & Cheek Cream Limited Edition when you spend £35 on INIKA (code: INIKA). Where did this beauty come from?!
– more free gifts with purchase
→ Alyaka has:
– 15% off your order (code: FLASH15). Valid till 1.3.2010 only!
– Advent Calendar – limited and exclusive – only
€145 €123(worth over €300!)
– big discounts (up to 50% off) in their sale section
– FREE gifts with purchase:
→ Content Beauty has:
→ Pharmaca has:
– 20% off your order (code: WELLNESS20)
→ FeelUnique has:
– FREE Treat Yourself Beauty Bag worth €120 when you spend €120 (code: LOVEBAG)
– up to 30% off on Gift Sets
– FeelUnique 12 Day Beauty Advent Calendar (worth £120!) for only
– up to 60% off in their Outlet section
– FREE gifts with purchase
→ The Detox Market has:
– Best of Green Beauty Beauty Box (worth $249!) for $159
* * *
The post contains affiliate links. For more info, read our disclaimer.