What is Grape Seed Oil?
Grape Seed Oil is a by-product of wine making, obtained by pressing grape seeds. It can be obtained by cold pressing method or by using a solvent called hexane. Given how problematic hexane is, cold pressing method is therefore the safest one. Another problem, when using such solvents, is that the oil loses its precious and skin-beneficial properties by being stripped of vitamins and minerals.
Grape Seed Oil is a non-comedogenic, light and finely textured oil, with light green color and pleasant sweet aroma. It quickly absorbs into the skin, thus not leaving a greasy feeling. It is rich with fatty acids such as stearic, palmitic, oleic and a specially – up to 70% of – linolenic acid, making it a carrier oil with one of the highest content of linolenic acid among carrier oils. Grape Seed oil is also rich with highly potent antioxidants (such as Vitamin E), which lessen the damage of free radicals, as well as Vitamin A, Vitamin B and Vitamin C.
It is a widely used and affordable carrier oil, with a shelf life of 12-16 months.
Aura Cacia Grape Seed Oil | Cococare Grape Seed Oil | Heritage Products Grape Seed Oil | Hobe Naturals Grape Seed Oil | Life Flo Health Grape Seed Oil | Nature’s Alchemy Grape Seed Oil | Now Solutions Grape Seed Oil
Why use Grape seed Oil?
Due to its astringent properties, Grape Seed Oil is used for oily and acne prone skin. It tones the skin and is a great moisturizer. Full of potent antioxidants, Grape Seed Oil helps fighting aging of the skin and promotes skin’s elasticity. Given anti-inflammatory properties, it’s a great oil for sensitive skin as well.
1. Acorelle Eye Serum 2. Antipodes Apostle Brightening Serum 3. Dr Bronner’s Shaving Gel 4. Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask 5. Antipodes Mineral Foundation 6. Suki Intensive Nourishing Mask 7. Primavera Balancing Gel Cleanser 8. Little Butterfly London Mother&Baby Massage Oil 9. Bodhi&Birch Detox Salt Scrub 10. Seascape Island Apothecary Soothe Body Butter 11. Jane Iredale Lip Gloss 12. Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream 13. Apeiron Regeneration Night Cream 14. Eco Lips Inc. Lip Balm 15. Out Of Africa Lip Balm 16. Bon Liquid Gold Pure Tissue Oil 17. Primavera Balancing Oil Control Lotion 18. Santaverde Aloe Vera Cream 19. Primavera Balancing Toner 20. MyChelle Cream Foundation 21. Domus Olea Toscana Anti-Wrinkle Intensive Skincare 22. PAI Skincare Age Confidence Facial Oil
Uses of Grape Seed Oil
- facial cream
- serum and facial oil
- shampoo and conditioner
- lip balm
- shaving products
- massage oil, body lotion
1. Aubrey Organics Relaxing Massage Oil 2. Aroma Naturals Extraordinary Beauty Oil 3. Dessert Essence Conditioner 4. Oskia Hand Cream 5. Avalon Organics Bath and Shower Gel 6. Avalon Organics Shampoo 7. Burt’s Bees Milk and Honey Body Lotion 8. Indemne Lotion 9. La Claree Oliv Body Oil 10. Pilogen Hand Cream 11. Avalon Organics Conditioner 12. Aura Cacia Aromatherapy Body Oil 13. Lavera Anti-Grease Shampoo 14. Pacifica Body Wash 15. Avalon Organics Hand and Body Lotion 16. Eco Cosmetics Hand Cream
Grape Seed Oil is Recommended For:
- oily and acne prone skin
- anti-aging for mature skin (fine lines and wrinkles)
- sensitive and irritated skin
- toning and tightening of the skin
- dark circles under eyes
- a lubricant for shaving
- hair treatment (growth)
* * *
Do you use Grape Seed Oil? If you’re having troubles with your skin absorbing oils, then Grape Seed Oil just might be a great choice for you.