What is Avocado Oil?
Avocado oil is one of the few oils which is not derived from the seeds, but rather by pressing dehydrated flesh of the avocado pear. Avocado Oil, while classified as a vegetable oil, is technically a fruit oil.
It is rich in fatty acids such as linolenic, linoleic, oleic, stearic and palmitic acid as well as omega-3 fatty acids. This very rich oil also contains Vitamin A, B1, B2, C and D and Vitamin E — a great antioxidant. Lycopene and beta-carotene compounds in Avocado Oil reduce the signs of aging and tone the skin.
Avocado oil is one of the most easily absorbed oils and it penetrates deep into the skin tissue. A great emollient, it hydrates skin.
Why use Avocado oil?
Avocado oil contains high levels of sterolins, and for this, it is used in cosmetics to help sun damaged skin and to minimize scars. Sterolins also help reducing age spots and soften the skin.
Along with being able to penetrate deep into the skin tissue, it nourishes and hydrates the skin. It reduces itching and is a great oil to help restore, rejuvenate and regenerate the skin. By increasing collagen in skin it keeps it elasticated and youthful looking.
It can be used for facial skin care or as a massage body oil, alone or with other carrier oils and/or essential oils and butters.
1. A’Kin Avocado and Calendula Conditioner 2. Trilogy Aromatic Body Treatment Oil 3. Lavera Color & Shine Intense Treatment 4. Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Shampoo 5. John Masters Organics Lavender & Avocado Intensive Conditioner 6. Antipodes Joyful Hand and Body Cream 7. The GrapeSeed Company Vino Lux Hair Oil
Uses of Avocado Oil
- skin serum
- body massage
- makeup remover (alone or mixed with olive oil)
- head massage, deep conditioning, especially for dry hair
1. Madara Soothing Hydration Superseed Organic Facial Oil 2. Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream 3. Lavera Wild Rose Intensive Care Liposome Cream 4. Green People Neutral Scent Free 24 Cream 5. Dr Hauschka Quince Day Cream 6. LadyBug Jane Lip Balm 7. Studio 78 Paris Foundation 8. Suti Nourish Organic Face Oil For Night 9. Essential Care Organic Avocado Replenishing Cream 10. Pai Skincare Avocado & Jojoba Hydrating Day Cream 11. The GrapeSeed Company Vino Lux Hair Oil 12. Trilogy Eye Contour Cream 13. Hurraw! Lip Balm 14. Jane Iredale Active Light Under Eye Concealer 15. Santaverde Medium Aloe Vera Cream
Avocado Oil is recommended for:
- mature and aging skin
- dry skin
- sensitive skin
- sun damaged skin
- itchy and irritated skin
- skin scars, skin burns, skin wounds
- eczema, psoriasis
- scalp massage and hair growth
- diaper rash
* * *
Do you incorporate carrier oils in your beauty rituals? Do you use Avocado oil? Which are your favorite products containing Avocado oil?