What is Apricot Kernel Oil?
Apricot Kernel Oil is pressed from the kernels of apricot. It can be produced by being cold pressed or by solvent extraction (this alters the chemical compounds of the oil).
Apricot Kernel Oil is known as a finely textured and light oil, with a pale yellow to golden yellow color. Even though it is heavier than, for example, Sweet Almond Oil, it doesn’t leave a greasy feeling and is easily absorbed.
It is rich in fatty acids, especially in linoleic and oleic fatty acids, as well as in Vitamins A, B1, B6, B17 and Vitamin E.
Its shelf life is around 1 year.
Why use Apricot Kernel Oil?
Apricot Kernel Oil is spread and absorbed easily. It is a great emollient and it soothes inflammatory skin. A nourishing oil, it hydrates and softens the skin and it’s great for sensitive and dry skin. Vitamin A promotes skin’s elasticity. It can be used as a hair conditioner and for dry and itchy scalp.
It should not be used by those who have acne prone skin, as it can be comedogenic.
It has anti-inflammatory, ant-aging, anti-septic, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties.
Uses of Apricot Kernel Oil:
- as facial oil
- body massage
- salt scrubs
- head massage, hair conditioner
1. Acure night cream 2. Dr Scheller anti-age day cream 3. Isvara Organics rejuvenating serum and eye treatment 4. Badger Balm beauty balm 5. Santaverde age protect moisturizer 6. John Masters Organics rose & apricot hair milk 7. Ila body lotion 8. Deep Steep dry oil body spritzer 9. Dr Hauschka eye balm 10. Odacite apricot palmarosa serum concentrate 11. Badger Balm antioxidant hair oil 12. John Masters Organics rose & apricot antioxidant day creme 13. Santaverde age protect facial oil 14. Suki nourishing facial oil 15. Fair Squared apricot & olive facial cream 16. Weleda body scrub
Apricot Kernel Oil is recommended for:
- mature and sensitive skin
- inflammatory skin
- for delicate skin around eye area
- dehydrated skin
- reducing open wounds and cuts infection
* * *
Do you use Apricot Kernel Oil? Do you use it alone or mix it with other ingredients? Which products containing Apricot Kernel Oil are your favorite?