What I’ve been up to?
- I had a feeling that in the second half of last year things started slowing down a bit, especially how the time used to fly by. But then Christmas Holidays happened and went by so fast; I miss them so much. I immersed myself in peaceful moments, painting, reading, writing, praying, baking… The Christmas lights and scents. And with the sunny and warm weather, the endless walks in the forest. I just miss the Christmas time. And can’t believe it’s the end of January already. And because I took quite a prolonged time-off, naturally, a lot of work was waiting for me when I got back into the saddle, but having this beautiful sunny weather all month, it also means I had to condense the work in order to enjoy sunshine and fresh air – by working around my country house and taking long walks in the forest. There are already signs of Spring popping up, I can feel Spring in my heart, but we’ll just have to make it through an unpredictable February first.
- It’s been our family tradition, it’s been a part of me since my first year in this world, every year, except 2017, as it was too painful – the Vienna Philharmonic New Year’s Concert. Walnut cake, tea, blanket, and the concert. The beautiful European architecture, culture, history, classical music, elegance. And my family, watching the concert – this beautiful music, which soothes the soul and makes the heart smile. And then the obligatory Radetzky March, oh the joy! By the time I was 4 years old, I knew how to clap to it – we all clapped and laughed while listening to this perky art piece. The concert from year 1987 is still my favorite one, with Herbert von Karajan being the best maestro of all times. I can still, till this day, remember everything about that day in 1987, the way Sun was caressing our Christmas tree, as the music played and we ate the best homemade walnut cake. I cherish these memories and I am filled with gratitude to God for giving me this life and these memories.
- I do not make New Year’s resolutions, but I do make a lot of plans, and this year’s planner is stacked to the brim; it may feel a bit overwhelming at times, seeing what I need to do, but the feeling when a task is accomplished, outweighs the struggle that it sometimes take for a task to be done. Having said that, I intend to hit the breaks when needed – just dropping everything and saying: this can and will wait.
- My faith and God sustain me. Every moment of my life. God is my rock, who gives me strength when I can’t seem to go on anymore. God is my rock, on whom I can lean on when I need to rest. God’s mercy is enough. God’s mercy is everything.
Bible verse of the month
- “For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?” Psalm 18:31
Musical inspiration of the month
This month on the blog
- Kathleen Natural Lotion Cleanser Review. Another discovery from Love Lula Beauty Box: a gentle and soft lotion cleanser, which I’ve been using for the past 8 months, including as an eye makeup remover, as it’s one of the rare cleansers which do not irritate my sensitive eyes.
- Love Lula Beauty Box January 2020. The first Beauty Box of the year 2020 contains 4 full sized products: a carrier oil, a hand cream, a facial mask and a must-have for me (been using it for over 15 years) – magnesium oil.
What I’ve been testing lately
- Natura Siberica Shower Gels and Hand Soaps. There are many green beauty products, whose price point is passable and acceptable, such as, for example, face serums, foundations etc – and such products can last for quite some time, making their cost more bearable. And then there are such products, which are used daily and in larger quantities, such as hair shampoo and shower gel, and these products can really create a hole in one’s wallet. I’ve been getting quite a lot of emails asking me about both shower gels and shampoos – saying, how it’s expensive given how much and how often we use them, and I could not agree more (will mention more about the shampoos next month), so I decided to test Natura Siberica shower gels and hand soaps. They are, indeed, affordable as is, but also given how much there is of a product in these bottles. The full review will be published soon.
- Bloomtown Rose Infused Oil. I like Bloomtown products – they are of a high quality and of an affordable and reasonable prices. And they smell good. Their shower gels, oils and roll-on oils are all on my wishlist.
- Esse Hyaluronic Serum.
My thirstMy skin’s thirst for serums continues. This one is newly launched, and was placed on my wishlist immediately. Its price point is an Esse price point – steep, and I will continue tip-toeing around it for a while.
- I’ve been getting emails about my Facebook page and whether I am still active on Facebook. More or less – no. I’ve never been a fan of Facebook, for many and various reasons, and I haven’t posted anything in about a year or so now. It just annoys me, the format, everything that Facebook is and isn’t. So, if you send me a message on Facebook and I don’t reply (for a long time) I am not ignoring you, I just don’t deal with my Facebook page. It’s just so…meh.
Tip of the month
- If you have an ear infection, drop a few drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil on a q-tip and gently massage into your ear. The pain should subdue soon. Just remember – essential oils are a serious business and should not be taken lightly; especially be careful with animals, as essential oils are toxic and even poisonous to them. Here you can read more on Tea Tree Essential Oil.
Rant of the month
- Man, I tell ya… these “celebrities” and their green beauty blogs. They are totally clueless about green beauty products, but have teams which crawl the actual green beauty blogs to see which brands and products are popping. They have “writers” who steal from actual green beauty bloggers. They will rave about products which have the highest price point, which aligns with their ignorance and snobbery. And since they are “celebrities” some brands, especially those, which care only about one green part of the business, and that’s the money green, go above and beyond to be included in these “celebrity” green beauty blogs and screech when a “celebrity” mentions them. You have this one, from that family of prostitutes, who jumped on the green beauty wagon (and I bet she doesn’t know what phenoxyethanol is, much less how to spell it), while the other family members are selling cheap toxic cosmetics made in China.
A few good deals from around the green beauty world
→ Love Lula has:
– 10% off when you spend £40 (code: JAN10). Valid till 5.2.2020
– 15% off when you spend £70 (code: JAN15). Valid till 5.2.2020
– newly launched Esse Probiotic Skincare Hyaluronic Serum
– newly launched limited edition Inika makeup and makeup gift sets
– newly launched RMS Beauty Hiden Desire Palette and RMS Beauty Foundation
– newly launched Madara Makeup
– FREE Walden Perfumes “Live the Life” roll-on perfume oil when you spend £35 on Walden Perfumes (code: LIFE). Read my first impressions of this marvelous scent.
– FREE Nature’s Kitchen Skin Soothing Face Wash when you spend £20 on Nature’s Kitchen (code: KIWI). Read my first impressions of this cleanser (it contains AHA as well, making it not only a cleanser but also a gentle chemical peel).
– FREE Joik Tinted Lip Balm when you spend £20 on Joik (code: JOIK). Read my first impressions of this beautiful and nourishing tinted lip balm, perfect for a natural makeup look.
– FREE Madara Hemp Lip Balm when you spend £25 on Madara (code: HEMP). Read my first impressions on this sweet smelling lip balm, which nourishes the lips.
– FREE PHB Beauty Mascara when you spend £40 on PHB Beauty (code: PHB). Read my full review of an affordable yet surprisingly high quality mascara I’ve been using for a while now.
– FREE INIKA Lip & Cheek Cream Limited Edition when you spend £35 on INIKA (code: INIKA). Where did this beauty come from?!
– more free gifts with purchase
→ Alyaka has:
– 12% off your order (code: NY12OFF). Valid 31.1.2020 only.
– Advent Calendar – limited and exclusive – only
€145 €123(worth over €300!)
– big discounts (up to 50% off) in their sale section
– FREE gifts with purchase:
→ Content Beauty has:
→ Pharmaca has:
– 20% off your order (code: WELLNESS20)
→ Onlynaturals has:
→ FeelUnique has:
– FREE Conscience Beauty Bag worth €120 when you spend €120 (code: BWACBAG)
– up to 30% off on Gift Sets
– FeelUnique 12 Day Beauty Advent Calendar (worth £120!) for only
– up to 60% off in their Outlet section
– FREE gifts with purchase
→ The Detox Market has:
– Best of Green Beauty Beauty Box (worth $249!) for $159
* * *
The post contains affiliate links. For more info, read our disclaimer.